UASID/ UPHS is funding a project entitled Scaling up and out sustainable livelihood intervention and education improvement of Orphans vulnerable children and their households in Hoima district. The project is implemented in 4 sub counties of Buhimba, Bugambe, Buhanika and Kiziranfumbi. The organization has a partnership with Traid Links, and Tree Talk Plus. These contribute to the project through trainings and in kind contribution.
The project works with 1,313 OVC and 650 HHs. Therefore, a total of 1,963 beneficiaries have benefited from the project.
- 200 OVC have been supported to continue accessing education and received scholastic materials(Books, Pens, Pencils, Uniforms)
- 15 children in P/S that were not in school are currently schooling.
- 5 teens club formed in schools of Kisenyi P/S, Kaburamuro P/S, Kikoboza P/S, Ngogoma P/S, and Kisiiha P/S.
Food and nutrition
- A total of 320 care givers are practicing in vegetable growing in their homes
- Vegetable seed for; tomato, cabbage, Nakati etc. procured and distributed.
- 21 Village Saving and Loans Associations of 25-30 people have been established/strengthened and all have started saving.
- 21VSLA have also been trained in business management after which they will start small businesses using loans acquired from the groups
- These groups on average each has 500,000=
- 1313 OVC visited and counseled for stigma reduction, positive behavior change enhancing self-esteem and personality development.
- 80 VHTs trained on providing psychosocial support to 1313 OVC
- Child protection committees established and trained in the Bugambe and Buhimba sub county.
- Trainings done in Bugambe and Kiziranfumbi sub county on will making and parenting.
- Child Protection officers facilitated to conduct child protection trainings.