The Environmental Conservation & Agricultural Enhancement Uganda (Eco -Agric Uganda) is a registered Organisation under the Uganda registrar of Companies – as a Company Limited by Guarantee with no share capital. The organisation was established in 2007 and enjoys over 7 years experience in providing services related to capacity building, research, and trainings in livelihood improvement sectors such as agriculture, entrepreneurship and financial management, health and sanitation plus environmental conservation.
The organisation cherishes and builds on five core values which include; Transparency and Accountability; Innovativeness & Professionalism; Partnerships and Networking; Gender equality; Commitment to Sustainable Development of communities that takes into account contemporary cross cutting issues like HIV/AIDS, Climate Change, MDGS, and National Development Plans and Strategies here is our organogram .
Eco-Agric Uganda’s goal
In a bid to align towards the NDP goal of attaining middle income status by 2020 through strengthening the country’s competitiveness for sustainable wealth creation, employment and inclusive growth, Eco-Agric Uganda’s goal will be “to contribute to improved livelihoods of communities and health outcomes”.
A healthy and empowered population living in a sustainable environment
To improve community livelihoods through rights empowerment, sustainable agricultural production, environmental conservation, health education and promotion, economic empowerment and nutrition; skills development and educational support
ValuesIn the process of delivering on its mandate, Eco-Agric Uganda:-
- Foster professionalism in delivery of its services through a dedicated and competent workforce in order to ensure sustainable results among its target population.
- Is guided by the concept of empathy in order to associate itself with the communities that benefit from our work.
- Cherish team work where the individual strengths and competences shall constitute the whole for improved service delivery.
- Is guided by the values of accountability to all our internal and external stakeholders and will ensure transparency in all that we do.
- Provide its service in an inclusive manner and take into account the social, cultural, political, religious and other demographic diversities of the population it serves.
- Premise its services of equality for all and equity through delivering according to needs.
Eco-Agric Uganda’s strategic direction defines more specifically its goal, mandate, the target population, outcomes and priorities it intends to achieve in the next 4 years of implementation and the strategies to accomplish this.